Friday, August 8, 2014

Artist Profile: Jeanne Taylor

Photographer Jeanne Taylor (www.jtpetpics.com) supplied the cover photo for our 2013 Paws For Charity Project, and I'm so happy she donated her images again this year! You can follow Jeanne on facebook here: Jeanne Taylor Photography
Jeanne Taylor  (www.jtpetpics.com)
Where do you live? What made you want to contribute to help raise funds for an animal shelter in Nova Scotia?
I live in Fairfax VA (just outside of Washington DC) and also frequent the Charleston SC area for seasonal appointments. When I first heard about Paws for Charity in 2013, I felt compelled to participate – it is such a great idea and geography really doesn’t matter when you are trying to help a shelter in need.

What are some things, people, or places that inspire you?
I am always inspired by natural light and colors, but my work inspiration really strikes when I meet and connect with the client pets or rescue animals I am about to photo. There are also some very special animals I know who continue to inspire me every single day!

Do you have a certain "style" in mind when you create your images?
Style-wise I just like to focus on expression or mood as much as possible – and the animal-human relationship when people participate in the session with their pets.

Tell us about a future project you have in mind?  

I LOVE senior pets – my own Bandit is coming up on 16 this fall and he and I have a couple of senior pet projects in mind for 2015. Stay tuned!


Website:www.jtpetpics.com

Thanks Jeanne! 

All proceeds from the sale of these books are donated to Sheltering Helpless Animals in Distress (SHAID.ca), an animal Shelter in Nova Scotia.
Click on this link to preview this year's book: http://www.blurb.com/books/5210564-2014-paws-for-charity

E-books are also available...you can preview e-books here: http://store.blurb.com/ebooks/468601-2014-paws-for-charity

No comments: