Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Artist Profile: Carmen Owen

Carmen Owen is a repeat contributor to the Paws For Charity Project...I was happy to welcome her back again this year. Visit her on facebook:  
https://www.facebook.com/WildatheARTcreationsbyCarmenOwen


Carmen Owen and Summer
What is your favorite art piece and why?
My favorite pastel portrait is the one I did of my 12 year old border collie "Sorcha". (Her name means "Bright, radiant, light" in Gaelic). This close-up portrait of her sweet wee face captured her bright and fun loving personality exactly as I had hoped it would. "Sorcha" was the model for my first pet portrait back in 2005 and this was the last portrait that i completed of her just a few months before she died at age 12, so it's very special to me for that reason also.

Do you have a certain "style" in mind when you create your images?
Rather than drawing a classic posed portrait, I prefer to zoom in and do close-ups on sections of the face (especially the eyes) as I feel it gives the drawing a more modern look.

Tell us about a current project you are working on?
At the moment I am taking a break from pet portraiture and I'm working on a series of artworks about wolves.   


Thanks so much for participating in the Paws For Charity Project again this year, Carmen! Wishing you all the best with your future projects. 

All proceeds from the sale of these books are donated to Sheltering Helpless Animals in Distress (SHAID.ca), an animal Shelter in Nova Scotia.
Click on this link to preview this year's book: http://www.blurb.com/books/5210564-2014-paws-for-charity

E-books are also available...you can preview e-books here: http://store.blurb.com/ebooks/468601-2014-paws-for-charity

No comments: