Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Artist Profile: Cynthia Brassfield

Cynthia Brassfield has participated in the Paws For Charity Project two years in a row. She paints more than canvasses...check out her website to take a look at her other accomplishments: www.crbrassfield.com or click here to go to her Facebook Page.
Cynthia Brassfield   www.crbrassfield.com
Where do you live? What made you want to contribute to help raise funds for an animal shelter in Nova Scotia?
I live in Knoxville, TN. I donate work to rescues all over the United States so  why not Canada! I read about Sara's book and thought it was an awesome project. I am thrilled to have been included two years in a row!

What is your favorite photo/art piece and why?
One of my favorite pieces is of a rescued Springer Spaniel named Riley which I included in this year's book. I painted this boy just for me! It was one of those overhead poses that most artists shy away from. I couldn't resist that happy face and it has actually turned out to be one of my most popular pieces as well.

Do you have a certain "style" in mind when you create your images?
My style is always the same. I call it "Realistic and Colorful". I have been trying new mediums of late and I paint on objects other than canvas so I think that keeps me challenged. I'm never bored!

Tell us about a future project you have in mind?
I have so many future projects in my head that it's overwhelming at times. I would love to write and illustrate a children's book one day. I've toyed with several ideas over the years and hope to make it happen at some point. There's just not enough hours in the day!


Thanks Cynthia....it's great to get to know you!


All proceeds from the sale of these books are donated to Sheltering Helpless Animals in Distress (SHAID.ca), an animal Shelter in Nova Scotia.
Click on this link to preview this year's book: http://www.blurb.com/books/5210564-2014-paws-for-charity

E-books are also available...you can preview e-books here: http://store.blurb.com/ebooks/468601-2014-paws-for-charity

No comments: