Friday, July 18, 2014

Artist Profile: Carrie Jacobson

Artist Carrie Jacobson has generously donated images of her art to the Paws For Charity Project for many, many years. I love her bold style. You can see more of her work on her website:  http://www.jacobson-arts.com/ and you can read about her painting adventures on her blog "The Accidental Artist".
Carrie Jacobson     www.jacobson-arts.com

Where do you live? What made you want to contribute to help raise funds for an animal shelter in Nova Scotia?
I live on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, and have traveled to and painted in Nova Scotia. I contributed because I do what I can to help animals in shelters, and also because I have had the good fortune to be included in Sara's books previously, and I know how beautiful they are. 

Tell us about one of your favorite photo shoots/painting commissions?
I donated a gift certificate for a pet portrait to a non-profit group that was helping to run a show I was in. The couple that won the certificate, in the silent auction, came to me after the show and told me that their daughter's dog had died that morning, and that's why they wanted the painting. 


I made the piece, and we set it up so that I'd hang the piece at a show, and they would go to the show with their daughter, and make their way over to me. They came, and the daughter - who knew nothing about any of this - looked at my wall and at that painting, and said, "That looks like Chance!" And indeed, it was. She started crying, the mothers started crying, I started crying - it was pretty amazing and very moving.

Tell us about a current project you are working on?
I am working on learning to paint people. This is in part because it is a goal I have set for myself for 2014, and in part because I've been hired to be an event painter at a couple's wedding reception.

Thanks Carrie!!
All proceeds from the sale of these books are donated to Sheltering Helpless Animals in Distress (SHAID.ca), an animal Shelter in Nova Scotia.
Click on this link to preview this year's book: http://www.blurb.com/books/5210564-2014-paws-for-charity

E-books are also available...you can preview e-books here: http://store.blurb.com/ebooks/468601-2014-paws-for-charity


No comments: