Monday, July 21, 2014

Artist Profile: Becky Willuweit

Photographer Becky Willuweit joined our project for the first time this year, and I'm so happy she did! Read a bit about her, and then you can visit the links at the bottom of this post to look at her images and get more information.
Becky Willuweit    futureframed.com
Tell us about one of your favorite photo shoots? 
My favorite photo shoot just took place a couple of months ago. We have some really great friends that live nearby and have known them and their family for years. Meaning, I have been around their dogs for years as well. Sky, their 7 year old Golden Retriever, was having a hard time getting around. Long story short, they found out Sky had cancer. They found out it was cancer for sure on Saturday. We did a shoot on Sunday and she passed on Tuesday. I think this one stuck with me more then others, because I had known Sky for so long.

Shooting a session like this, well, it made me so sad. But at the same time, it makes me want to photography everyone's pets. It makes you realize that this life does not give you second chances.
So, yes, Sky's session is my all time favorite!

Where do you live? What made you want to contribute to help raise funds for an animal shelter in Nova Scotia?
I live in Sturgis, SD. I help a rescue that is located 4 hours away from me with photos. And brushing, walking and petting dogs. (When we are back that way). I love animals and think they all should have a home. When I saw this project, it was a no brainer. Submit photos to help animals in need. If all of the photographs and paintings/drawings can sell a book to raise money for a pet, why not help? 

Do you have a certain "style" in mind when you create your images?
Going into a session, I don't think I have a style set in my mind. If I am shooting in Sturgis, I can pick my locations out ahead of time. I do love textured places. (Old barns, back alleys) And every session is different with what my client is wanting.So really, I can go into a session knowing I want it to look a certain way. But by the end of it, that 'look' might me a whole new 'look'.

Here are some links to find out more about Becky:
Web site: www.futureframed.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FutureFramedPhotography
Blog: http://futureframed.blogspot.com/
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/b/110380359677190325038/110380359677190325038/posts


All proceeds from the sale of these books are donated to Sheltering Helpless Animals in Distress (SHAID.ca), an animal Shelter in Nova Scotia.
Click on this link to preview this year's book: http://www.blurb.com/books/5210564-2014-paws-for-charity

E-books are also available...you can preview e-books here: http://store.blurb.com/ebooks/468601-2014-paws-for-charity

No comments: