Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Karla K. Cook

Karla K. Cook
www.reservoirfarmstudio.net
The Court Jester and The Queen © Karla K. Cook                         www.reservoirfarmstudio.net
For years Karla K. Cook was a successful fiber artist- creating and teaching;  knitting, spinning, felting and quilting. Nothing quieted an insistent muse until she accepted a challenge by her eldest son, and discovered painting. She has found that using her love of
animals with her love of painting makes for a winning combination. With each animal she
paints, she attempts to bring that animal's personality through the painting to the viewer.


“I believe that the inclusion of animals in our lives serves to enhance our humanity and allows us to appreciate the beauty of the world around us. For my entire life, I have been surrounded by a menagerie: cats, dogs, hedgehogs, rabbits, birds, mice and fish have all at one time or another  inhabited my heart and my home. My greatest success is seeing a smile flash across someone's face when they look at my paintings. Why do I paint? Because I have to! Because I firmly support rescue, 10% of each painting sold is donated to either the MSPCA or another rescue.” -Karla

No comments: