Now accepting submissions for the 2012 Paws For Charity Art Book Project!
What is the "Paws For Charity Art Book Project"?
2012 is the fourth annual Art Book curated by me, and the third edition of the Paws For Charity Project. The book will include images of dogs and cats (the "paws" part of the project) contributed by artists and photographers. Artists donate jpeg versions of their images (either artwork or artistic photographs) for use in the project. Copyright of the images remain with the artist. Amateur artists/photographers are welcome to participate!
All proceeds from this year's project will be donated to S.H.A.I.D. Tree Animal Shelter in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia (the "for charity" part of the project).
How will my images be used?
Using contributed jpeg images from artists, the following products are produced and sold with all proceeds being donated to charity. Copyright of the images remain with the artist.
1. Coffee Table Book - published through blurb.com
The book will be 10 inches wide by 8 inches high, and will be published through Blurb.com . Each page will feature the artwork or photographs from one artist. The page will also include a small photo of the artist, a brief bio of the artist, and a brief statement from the artist. My goal is to include a minimum of 65 - 70 artists.
You can view last year's project here: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2085036 and the 2010 project here: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1252849
2. Wall Calendar for the calendar year 2013 - published through lulu.com in October
3. Greeting cards - from participating artists (see below)
Tell me more about the greeting cards?
1. Artists will have the option of having one or more of their images printed on blank greeting cards - this is totally optional and not required to participate in the project.
($40 per image for the printing of 25 professionally printed high quality greeting cards, sized 5 by 8 inches. 18 cards and envelopes will be mailed to the artist, 7 cards retained by Paws For Charity and sold through pawsforcharity.etsy.com with all proceeds donated to the designated charity).
2. Artists will have the option of having one or more of their images printed on postcards - this is totally optional and not required to participate in the project.
($20 per image for the printing of 100 professionally printed postcards, sized approx 4 by 6 inches. 75 postcards will be mailed to the artist, 25 postcards retained by Paws For Charity and sold through pawsforcharity.etsy.com with all proceeds donated to the designated charity).
If I am interested in participating, or have some questions, what do I do?
1. Contact Sara: saraharley(at)eastlink(dot)ca
- your full name (as you want it printed in the book),
- your website or blog address,
- the titles of your images,
- a photo of you,
- a brief bio (3rd person, 3 or 4 sentences),
- and an artist's statement (2 or 3 sentences about your artwork, or why you want to be involved in the project, or anything else you'd like to say to the readers)
3. Email up to 5 images (artwork or artistic photographs of dogs or cats...no snapshots of family pets please!) by February 29, 2012. You will be sent a release form when I receive your images. (or I can send it to you before you send your images...just ask)
4. If you have a "paws" image that you think might be good for our front & back book covers, send that along too (will not be included as part of your five submissions)
5. Your images cannot be considered for the project unless a release form is received. Copyright of your images remains with you.
If you have any questions, please let me know. I hope you will participate in the 2012 Project!