Monday, September 27, 2010

Kecia Deveney

Kecia Deveney
lemoncholys.blogspot.com
lemoncholys.com

Originally from California, Kecia Deveney is a mixed media/jewelry artist and amateur photographer, who now resides at the Jersey Shore. Drawing inspiration from her life experiences as the mother of a severely disabled child, she channels that energy into learning and creating art. Experimenting with “reclaimed discardia” results in many unique pieces of storytelling art.

Kecia has participated in both years of our Art Book Project. "Pretty As A Present" is featured on page 30 of the 2010 Paws For Charity Art Book.
“In my art, I am inspired by vintage items and flea markets. I find it challenging to recycle these older items into something new, exciting and interesting. I especially love it when people say that they found something hidden and meaningful in my work.” - Kecia

2 comments:

kecia said...

yay, thanks for the feature!

Penelope said...

I really like Kecia's work! So different, yet so expressive of our furry friends. Thanks for sharing her work with us.