Monday, August 2, 2010

J.T. Yost

J.T. Yost
PrimarilyPetPortraits.com

J.T. Yost is a pet portraitist, cartoonist and illustrator among other unmentionable descriptors. His “peculiar” anthropomorphic pet portraits are the natural outgrowth of our society’s increasing personification of our companion animals. For those who prefer to respect our pets’ established animalistic appearance and qualities, there are the “traditional” pet portraits painted in oils. Animals and their welfare figures heavily into the majority of Yost’s artwork, and ten percent of his profits are always donated to animal welfare organizations.

Samples of both J.T.'s "peculiar" pet portraits and "traditional" pet portraits are found on page 27 of the 2010 Paws For Charity Art Book. “I am overjoyed to be included in this Paws For Charity project. I have been a vegansince 1992, and have been involved in animal welfare for as long as I can remember. I’m always wary of coming across as a zealot in these matters (and am not confrontational to boot), so I am always glad when my artwork can speak for me.” - J.T.

No comments: