Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Debbie Virgin Shook

Debbie Virgin Shook
squeakdogphoto.com

Debbie Virgin Shook is a pet photographer in Indianapolis, Indiana and Chicago, Illinois.

To say she is an animal lover is an understatement. While living in Brooklyn many years ago, a cockroach decided to become her roommate. She's often been told she was "crazy" for putting him in a cup and giving him his freedom back on the streets of NY. In other words, she loves all creatures (although admits she is skittish when it comes to snakes in the wild...)!

Debbie and her husband Jon are the proud parents of two dogs, Blondie & Madison The dogs are their children, and through this relationship they know the remarkable bond that exists between pets and their people.

Debbie's photo "Payton" is one of two photos featured on page 13 of the 2010 Paws For Charity Art Book. You can purchase blank 5 x 7 inch greeting cards with Payton's photo in our Paws For Charity Etsy Shop. (love that tongue!)
"I am honored to be part of this project for many reasons. I lost my Father and two Grandparents to cancer, so I take any chance I can get to help raise funds for cancer awareness, research, and a cure. I've also known so many pets who have lost their lives to cancer, so I feel that a cure for humans will certainly lead to a cure for animals. My hope is that the 2010 Art Book Project will be another big piece in solving the cancer puzzle." - Debbie

No comments: