Friday, June 25, 2010

Tara Anderson

Tara Anderson
gingercatpress.etsy.com

Tara Anderson grew up in Toronto, Ontario, and studied illustration and fine art at the Ontario College of Art and Design. She worked for many years as a children's bookseller before returning to painting and starting a new career as a cover artist and children's illustrator. Tara lives on a 200-acre farm outside of Tweed, Ontario, where seven domestic cats and numerous barn cats provide inspiration.

"Clementine's Red Scarf" is one of three of Tara's images featured on page 17 of the 2010 Paws For Charity Art Book.
"A few years ago I moved to the country and rescued my three brava girls. They inspired a series of dancing cats which led to my first published book. Five years later I have fostered many feral cats and I continue to avidly capture my friendly felines on canvas! I imagine I will continue to happily paint pussy cats always. " - Tara

No comments: