Monday, June 7, 2010

Lori Rowe

Lori Rowe
artbylorirowe.com
artbylorirowe.blogspot.com

Lori Rowe was raised by a geographically mobile family and considers Mystic, CT her town of origin. In keeping with her heritage, she now lives full time on the road traveling with her husband of seventeen years, 3 marvelous dogs and one pesky cat. She occupies her days as a full time artist. Her impressionistic art works are owned by both fine art collectors and art enthusiasts alike. Her passionate love of animals and children compels her to contribute much of her work to raise funds for worthy causes such as no-kill shelters, Dogs Deserve Better, Assistance Dogs of America, Inc., CASA- protecting foster children (of the human variety) and animal hospice shelters.

"Ruby" appears on page 34 of the 2010 Paws For Charity Art Book:
"As a lover of animals from as far back as I can remember, it was only natural that I would paint them. I studied Premed to go into Veterinary medicine but I am more strongly drawn to painting animals. I tell people “I can only paint something I feel passionate about, and often, only once.” The human love of my life is a Contractor and we travel full time for different jobs. Along with us we bring Beauregard, an Australian Shepherd, Sassy, a sheltie mix, Maggie, a cocker mix, and Dak the cat. This is all accomplished in a 36’ 5th wheel RV we call “Home Sweet Home.” Recently I have joined a group of artists that paint to raise money for no-kill shelters. artforshelteranimals.blogspot.com The paintings are donated free of charge so the shelter can raise money by auctioning and/or reproducing it. Since I don't have a permanent home I just offer my help where ever I am at the time. I am a member of the Cayucos Art Association, Cayucos CA, and Hygienic Art, New London, CT., and The Canine Art Guild. Also sold on dogartdog.com " - Lori

No comments: