Monday, May 3, 2010

Hong In Young

Hong In Young
theartistsbooks.blogspot.com

Hong In Young lives and works in South Korea. She makes artist's books and works mail art networking. She is a member of The International Union of Mail Artists. Her pop-up artist book "Consonants of the Korean alphabet" was invited to Beautiful Letters Books, a specail exhibition prepared by 2009 Seoul International Book Arts Fair. Her artist books were accepted for the 5th International Artist's Book Triennial Vilnius 2009. She in interested in prints, drawings, typography and paper wooks and plans to make artists' books continuously.

"I have dogs of my artworks but I was afraid of actual dogs because I had been bitten by a dog, when I was a child. I could get rid of my fear of dogs gradually from artworks- painting, drawing, collages. So I made works of art for this projet very happily." - Hong

Hong's artwork entitled "Wait" appears on page 37 of the 2010 Paws For Charity Art Book. This image is also available on blank greeting cards....see them on our greeting card page.

No comments: