Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Angie Ketelhut

Angie Ketelhut
http://www.artbyangie.com/

Angie grew up in the Midwest USA. Her childhood was a bumpy one, with a series of painful losses. Pets and creating art were a steady source of comfort & solace from the very beginning of her life & remained with her throughout uncertain times. With her expressive painting style & use of vibrant colors, she strives to capture and honor the furry friends who bring so much joy & happiness to our lives. Angie has sold her work nationally and internationally & offers custom portraiture through her website: http://www.artbyangie.com/. She now resides just outside of Seattle, WA with her husband & bubbly Boston Terrier.

"Downtown Dog" can be found on page 11 of the 2010 Paws For Charity Art Book (along with 3 other images by Angie!)"Cancer has affected my life in many ways, beginning with my grandmother. My grandmother raised me, and she passed on when I was 16. I have seen the devastation of the disease firsthand as I witnessed her painful struggle & intense suffering which eventually led to her passing. Participating in this project is a small way I can help the cause to fight cancer & find a cure." - Angie

1 comment:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

I Love Angie's work!

She is a true inspiration!