Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Profile: Pat Nadarajah

Pat Nadarajah
pawzitiveart.ca

Pat's artwork entitled "Sadie" is on page 22 of the 2009 Paws For Charity Art Book.

Here is some info about Pat and her art, taken from her website:

I am a Canadian self taught artist who currently draws and paints wildlife and pet portraits. I live with my husband, 2 daughters and 3 border collies. I have always had a love for animals as did my parents and sister.Growing up there was always one or two cats in the household.I began drawing when I was old enough to hold a crayon. It wasn't until 4 years ago that I decided to get serious about drawing again. Balancing a full time job, family and many activities, I found drawing relaxing.

My first choice of medium was graphite. Since I loved animals and was surrounded by a couple in my own home; I started with dogs.I would describe my style as realistic but I also strive to capture the personality of my subject. A couple of years and a few drawings later, I wanted to try a new medium.

Pastels had always intrigued me. I decided that to learn the medium I needed to take a course to help me along. Well after travelling all the way to the UK to take a course with Vic Bearcroft, renowned wildlife pastelist, I have now fallen in love with the medium. The trip was a turning point in my life and art career and along the way I can proudly call Vic, my mentor and friend.

I have had many positive artistic influences in my life. My father was a gifted writer and artist. He always encouraged me to draw and bought me some wonderful books and supplies. I have also been privileged to meet some wonderful inspiring artists in my artistic journey.

No comments: