Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Profile: Leslye Wilkins

Leslye Wilkins
Leslye's blog

Leslye's painting "Queen Kodi" is on page 37 of the 2009 Paws For Charity Art Book.

Some words from Leslye:

Throughout my entire life I have been happiest when creating some form of art, and was encouraged by my family, teachers, and friends, who felt that I had a special talent. I earned a degree in fine art from Berry College in Rome, Georgia, and was soon hired by an advertising agency as Art Director. I have continued in that field and derived much satisfaction from my work.Aside from that I continue to be involved in painting, pottery, metalsmithing, and photography for pleasure. I derive the most satisfaction when something I have created can benefit a worthy cause. Several of my paintings have been sold in connection with community fund raising projects One of the most exciting was our Town Turtle Project for the city of Sandy Springs, GA. I painted 2 of the 72 fiberglass turtle sculptures, each 5 ft tall, that were placed throughout the city and later auctioned off, raising more than $700,000.00 which was used to purchase eleven parks to create greenspace for our community- making it one of the most successful urban art projects ever.I am so happy to be a part of this "art book" project and hope it, too, will be successful in raising money for a breast cancer cure.

No comments: