Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Profile: Kecia Deveney

Kecia Deveney
lemoncholys.com
lemoncholys.blogspot.com

Kecia's artwork "Blossom Playing In The Garden" is on page 28 of the 2009 Paws For Charity Art Book.

Here's a bit about Kecia, in her own words:

Originally from California, I am a mixed media/jewelry artist/photographer, who now resides in New Jersey. Drawing inspiration from my life experience as the mother of a severely disabled child, I have channeled that energy into learning and creating art.

I've been known to go to a flea market on the hottest days in the summer or 17 degrees in the winter to see what I can find to play with. Experimenting with "reclaimed discardia" results in many unique pieces of storytelling art. You can read more about my artistic journey on my blog at http://www.lemoncholys.blogspot.com/ .

2 comments:

kecia said...

thanks for the shout out,sara! and thank you for all your hardwork on the book. it really is great and i was so proud to be a part of it.
my best,
kecia

KimberlyRose said...

unique and beautiful image!