Sunday, May 31, 2009

Profile: Erin Johnson

Erin Johnson
Erin's blog

Erin's photograph "Tabitha" can be found on page 18 of the 2009 Paws For Charity Art Book.

Erin tells us about herself:

I was born in Alabama and have lived here my whole life (so far anyway). I grew up in Auburn, AL (War Eagle!) where I went to school from 3rd grade until my 2nd year of college and eventually would like to move back. Nothing beats being in Auburn during football season on game day. Now, I am a graphic designer at a small newspaper in Andalusia, AL, but I love to take pictures in my spare time, which one day I would like to turn into my full-time job. Photography has always been a big part of my life. My first camera was a hot pink 110 film camera that I got when I was about 9 or 10. I'm pretty sure I still have it too. Eventually I moved up to a 35mm point & shoot that my grandmother bought me for Christmas one year. I bought my first 35mm SLR right after I graduated high school in 2001. Last year, I finally made the leap to a DSLR. My main focus in my photography is landscapes, flowers, & animals, but I am slowly trying out the portrait photography waters. That is hard for a naturally shy person!

My first published photograph was in a local magazine called Wiregrass Living in the Sept/Oct. 2004 issue. I graduated from Troy University in Troy, Alabama in December 2005 with a degree in graphic design and photography and started working for the local newspaper in Troy that same month. I love to travel whenever I get the chance and have a lot of places that are on my must see list. I finally made my first trip out of the country when my husband and I were on our honeymoon.

My husband and I have been married since July 2008 and live in Enterprise, AL. For now, our only child is Tabitha, our 2 year old cat. This picture of Tabitha was really just an accident. I was trying out my new 50mm lens that I had gotten and usually she doesn't like to pose, but eventually she started getting into it. Now she loves the camera. She also loves milk, sleep and begging my husband and I for affection when she is certain she is not getting enough.

No comments: