Monday, May 11, 2009

Profile: Allison Featherstone

Allison Featherstone
allisonfphoto.com

Allison's photo "Unnamed" can be found on page 8 of the Paws For Charity Art Book.

Here's how Allison describes herself and the photo included in our project:

I'm a portrait photographer residing in Kitchener, ON where I reside with my husband and two children, Faith 3 and Aidan 6. We have a new addition to our family Remy, 3 month old yellow lab pup. We love hiking and the outdoors. We spend a lot of timing travelling to BC to visit our extended family there. I'm also a volunteer photographer with an organization called Littlest Heroes Project.

This particular photo I sent in for the Paws for Charity (2009) is one of my first official sessions after the launch of my new photography business. It was particularly poignant to me as it was a woman who wanted to memorialize her beloved pet Lab. It felt like yesterday I lost my old dog and it was touching to me to share this event with them. Also a fun part of the photoshoot is we recreated a photograph that was in her family of her Grandpa with his beloved dog. It worked out just great, and many photos from this session remain some of my favorites.

1 comment:

Michelle (mkc photography) said...

This is one of my favorite photographs from the book - the lighting is magical! It was great to learn more about Allison.