Saturday, April 11, 2009

Profile: Kelly Snelling

Kelly Snelling
http://www.soulhumming.typepad.com/
http://www.kellysnelling.etsy.com/

Kelly Snelling is a Southern girl transpanted in California. She is a self-taught artist who believes she can do anything she sets her mind to, including beating breast cancer.

Her art and words have been published in several magazines and books. She is the co-author of A Charming Exchange.

When she isn't playing tag with her dog and two little boys or dancing with her adorable husband or whispering to her cat, she can be found daydreaming, painting, singing, laughing, making BIG necklaces, and living life loudly with every fiber of her soul.

Kelly's photograph "The Passage" can be found on page 39 of the 2009 Paws For Charity Art Book Project. Kelly has just celebrated a wonderful anniversary...two years of being free from breast cancer. In her own words, "Cancer is an upside down blessing in that I surely have learned to value what I have instead of feeling as if I were missing out on anything...ever."

Kelly is such a talented artist, that I had a tough time choosing from her submissions...she also submitted a cat painting and a dog painting. However, I chose "The Passage" because I think it is a thought provoking photograph. It leads me to wonder what is just around the corner, out of view. Don't we all wonder that about life?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kelly's blog is one of my favorite places to visit.
Beautiful photo!

Kelly Snelling_Soulhumming.typepad.com said...

hi sara. i was thinking of this wonderful, gorgeous book today. i enjoy looking at it so much. my beloved big dog passed away early in june. my heart was just broken. so now this book means even more to me. thank you so much, again and again, for including my photo of him. xo-kelly