Note: photos for the 2010 Art Book Project are currently being collected in a Flickr group:
www.flickr.com/groups/PawsForCharity/ Or, read and follow the instructions below.
What is this project?
An art book compilation of photographs and paintings from 37 artists, featuring dogs and/or cats to raise money for breast cancer charity. (ie, dog, cat, dog and cat, dog with person, cat with person....etc)
Who will participate?
I am looking for up to 37 artists or photographers who are willing to contribute one jpeg file of a piece of art or photograph featuring a dog and/or cat. (copyright of the image remains with the artist)
What kind of images are we looking for?
All images will be considered. But this is a book celebrating our connection with our pets and raising funds for breast cancer, so here are some examples:
1. Images showing the bond between people and their pets.
2. "Pink", the color representing breast cancer awareness.
3. Original artwork or artistic photographs (ie, not "snapshots")
What are the details?
Books will be produced through an online on demand publishing company (Blurb.com).
Online price will be set at $5 above publishing cost.
Profits will be donated to a breast cancer charity. (to be determined January 2010)
Each page of the book will have one image and will include the name and contact information of the photographer/artist.
Copyrights of the images will remain with the contributors.
What do dogs and cats have to do with breast cancer?
Paws for Charity was created to combine two passions - my love of animals and my desire to raise funds for charity. If you are like me, your pets mean the world to you. Their unconditional love, their love of life, their joy in simple things...they make our world better. The Paws for Charity Art Book celebrates the bond between us and our pets.
Breast Cancer Charity is a personal cause for me. I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 21. All of the funds raised through sales of this book will benefit breast cancer charity.
What is the commitment required of participants?
1. submit a jpeg image (resolution 300 or higher) of your art/photo to email address
with Paws For Charity as your subject line. Include a brief description of why you'd like to be involved in this project, and a brief description of your image. (the story behind your image)
Participants will be selected at the beginning of March 2010.
If your image is selected I'll need:
2. A brief bio with your image detailing: - your name - the website or blog address you would like published in the book - a photo of yourself
3. contributors encouraged to include a Paws For Charity logo on their blog and/or website with a link to the Paws For Charity blog (this will be provided to you)
4. contributors encouraged to post an article on their blog about their participation in the project
What benefits will participants receive?
- all participants will be listed on the Paws for Charity blog for a one year period, with links to their websites or blogs
- a separate blog post featuring each participant will be posted on the blog: Paws for Charity
- articles about the project and participants will be sent to online ezines and hard copy magazines
- any known articles published will be communicated to all participants
If you know someone who may be interested in participating, please let them know about this project...the more, the merrier!
Timelines: Submissions for the 2010 book will be required by January 31, 2010.
Final Selections: Final selection of participants will be made the first week of February 2010.
Contributors will be selected to ensure a well balanced art book of photos & artwork.
Successful submissions will be contacted by the second week of February 2010.
If you are interested in participating please leave a comment with your email address. I'll email you with the details in early January 2010.